Thursday 23 June 2011

Sail away with me...


A nautical themed look I put together on Polyvore
I know its been an un-be-leeevably long time since I last blogged, but I'm still here! I've just had to so much going on with work that I've let it slip. However, during this time I have bought a huge amount of stuff to take to the Benicassim festival, including outfits, accessories and toiletries (for which I will do a blog soon showing you what I have so far.)  I can't believe its only three weeks away!  In the mean time, I thought I would do a post on one of my favourite styles, and that is nautical themed fashion. I adore nautical and think it is a perfect trend for the summer months and is apparently set to be a big trend throughout 2011.  Personally, when I'm picking new clothes I tend to be drawn to stripes, particularly in colours of navy, white and grey.  But nautical doesn't just have to consist of stripes and sailor hats, it can be about the bold colours you choose (reds, navy blues and crisp whites) or simply just gorgeous naval print dresses, skirts adorned with gold buttons or cork finish shoes.  As Summer approaches , many of the big name high street stores are jumping on the band wagon this year by releasing their own nautical themed lines or items like stores such as Boohoo, who have a line called 'New Season Nautical'.  So below I have picked some of my favourite nautical pieces, all available now and of course from the high street and Online!

Boohoo- Drop Sleeve Stripe top - £6.00


 
Boohoo - Nautical Dress - £15.00



   
Matalan - Striped Dress - £16.00

Topshop - 1950's Nautical stripe dress - £36.00


Matalan - Espadrille Platform - £20.00


Topshop - Navy spot wedges - £50.00




ASOS - Pauls Boutique Bag - £56.00




xx
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love this post! It's very on trend!
    Thanks for putting me in your favourite blog's list, unfortunately I've only just realised as I got some traffic from it :) So I don't know when you put that up but thank you! I'm following as well now, love the blog :) Will deffo be getting some tips from it in future!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those polka dot wedges are to die for! Oh my goodness! I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress from topshop it would go great with the espadrille platforms. HOT!

    BTW just checking out your blog its really cute =]


    xmissbianca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete