Wednesday 27 April 2011

Festival outfit inspiration of the day #1 - Coachella Music Festival

Whilst looking through photos from the Coachella Music Festival yesterday, one look in particular caught my eye. Camilla Belle looks so fresh, summery and relaxed here in a bright white Mulberry blouse teamed with light denim shorts, over sized (bug eye) sunglasses, long chain pendant and small black cross over handbag.  I particularly love the punch out detailing on the blouse and its lightweight appearance.  Obviously (being Mulberry) this look comes with a hefty price tag and I like to do things on a budget.  I'm not ashamed to say that I find some great buys on Ebay, but sometimes I do stretch to the high street.  H&M, Topshop and Miss Selfridge my personal favourites (not forgetting Primark).


Using shops from the high street I have selected a similar outfit for consideration.  The white cutout bandeau top is Miss Selfridge - £28.00 (new to their collection), Denim Shorts Newlook - £19.
Orange Suede T-bar Sandals are Topshop - £40.00.  I like the orange teamed with the bright white bandeau to add a splash of colour.  Semi Precious And Flower Multirow necklace, Topshop - £10.00. Over sized brown print sunglasses are River Island - £12.00.  Black Studded cross body bag - £29.99, also River Island.
I like the use of the black chain bag teamed with brown accessories. I was always told to never mix brown and black...sometimes, however, it works for a modern twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment