Monday 9 May 2011

Polyvore - Natural Beauties

I've been creating 'sets' on Polyvore for a few months now and I really enjoy it.  For those who don't know, Polyvore is a website that allows you to put together your own outfits, allowing you to 'Mix & match products from anywhere on the web in order to create your personal style.'  I've created a summer/festival inspired look below, using Emma Watson's Tree People range as inspiration.  I love the images she uses for her campaigns, they are so tranquil and warm, they make me think of lovely, relaxing summer evenings.  If you're not a member of Polyvore you should go and have a look around, there are some amazing looks on there!  I do like Emma Watson's preppy style, I think its very put together and classy.  However, I don't really agree with the fact that she's been given the title of 'best dressed woman in the world'.  Although I do like her style, I don't think its particularly original or striking.  There are plenty of other women who experiment with their style, and who make it their own, creating looks that are memorable. One particular style icon who I believe deserves a top spot is Olivia Palermo who has a wide range of gorgeous looks and rarely gets it wrong.  Her look is sophisticated, however most of her outfits are easily attainable, and not crazy like for example Lady Ga Ga! Above is one of my favourite Oliva Palermo looks. Gorgeous yet quite effortless.

 The below look I put together is very casual yet quite on trend with the denim waistcoat and floral shorts, perfect for summer!
Natural Beauties
Colored scents that fill the air as drowsy insects hum around in the meadow is the place of secret magic where nature alone renews itself.
-- Kate Bergquist


Natural Beauties by Louchar featuring a collar necklace
White top
85 EUR - jades24.com

Denim vest
12 GBP - bonprixsecure.com

Floral skirt
$35 - delias.com

Forever21 flat sandal
$24 - canada.forever21.com

Forever21 collar necklace
$6.80 - forever21.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the outfit. I just awarded you with the Stylish Blogger award. Check out my blog for details! :) x

    ReplyDelete